LOOK WHAT BEATRICE MADE!
Caption: Beatrice (on the right) and Barb started volunteering the same day in March 2018. This is what she made to commemorate our birthday!
Hi Everyone, it’s Barb. Last week’s celebration of our fifth anniversary was wonderful! Many of our “regulars” got to share their stories of how they came to The Hope Factory and what it has meant to them personally. It was great to hear all the heart-warming stories!
Beatrice blew us all away by presenting this quilt that she made. If you look at the quilt closely, you will notice that it is patterned after the latest tiny home village at Riverton Park in Tukwila.
Upon careful thought and consideration, I thought it best, instead of having it in The Hope Factory that would inevitably get dirty or in my home where I would be the only one to enjoy it, that we offer it to Riverton Park on “temporary loan”.
Last Sunday I did just that. You should have seen the expressions of everyone’s faces when they saw the quilt. It was awe-inspiring!
Thank you, Beatrice, for an amazing piece of art. Most especially, thank you for being my friend for these past five years.
COMING UP THIS WEEK
- SUNDAY: 10:00: Barb speaks at Aldersgate United Methodist Church.
- TUESDAY: 3:30: VIP Tour featuring PTSA members in a school near a large tent encampment.
- WEDNESDAY: SPECIAL AFTERNOON SESSION for AWS / Casey’s Team. Please check the new time in SignUpGenius.com.
- THURSDAY: 1:30: VIP Tour featuring mentors and counselors of our Big Picture School Interns.
AROUND THE HOPE FACTORY
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED THIS WEEK
- Our “regulars” are the heart and soul of our organization.
- “New Crew” members: Rani, Andrew, Ross, Henry, Liz and Yakira
- Our wonderful groups: Isso Seva, Flipkart, and Mercer Island United Methodist Church
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Come build with us this week! Here’s the link:
Please remember to wear painting clothes even if you do not anticipate painting. Minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
Clarification: If the SignUpGenius says (The name of a Group Build) AND Open Build, this means that you can volunteer even if you are not a part of the group.
TEAM LEADERS IN TRAINING: If you wish to become a Team Leader in Training, DO NOT SIGN UP for the day you wish to do this. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com and we will put you on the list.
We hope to be building with you soon.
Your Leadership Team: Beatrice, Tom, Bruce, David, Timothy and Barb