SPECIAL EDITION: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!
Caption: One of the first volunteer crews to build tiny homes at Camp Second Chance.
Wow, has it really been five years? In this special edition of the Sound Foundations NW Newsletter, you will see several photos of the early, early, early days including Mark Warden and Thomas Biernacki, our founders. The photos show both volunteers and the residents who also helped out. Can you tell the difference? Neither can we. That’s the whole point.
BY THE NUMBERS
To date :
- 336 homes
- 1008 bundles of shingles.
- 3024 gallons of paint.
- 2688 panels of smart siding.
- 3696: 4×8 sheets of plywood for interior panels.
- 150,303 linear feet of 2×4’s. That’s over 28 miles.
- Guess how many nails? we don’t know…too many to count!
But this we do know: nearly 60,000 volunteer hours.
Those hours were filled by the best hearts in the world who walk through our door six days a week. We love you all very much!
NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF: PHOTOS AND MORE PHOTOS!
IN THE NEWS
This week, Sharon Lee, Executive Director of LIHI wrote an op/ed piece in the Seattle Times.
THIS JUST IN
KOMO questions KCRHA about tiny homes. (With great video footage of us!)
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED THIS WEEK
- Our “regulars” who are the heart and soul of our organization.
- “New Crew” members: Friedrich, Tom, Bob, Carol, and Dan
- Our wonderful groups: Epiphany Seattle, Lake WA Sai Center, and McKinstry,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Come build with us this week! Here’s the link:
Please remember to wear painting clothes even if you do not anticipate painting. Minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
Clarification: If the SignUpGenius says (The name of a Group Build) AND Open Build, this means that you can volunteer even if you are not a part of the group.
TEAM LEADERS IN TRAINING: If you wish to become a Team Leader in Training, DO NOT SIGN UP for the day you wish to do this. Email SoundFoundationsNW@
We hope to be building with you soon.
Your Leadership Team: Beatrice, Tom, Bruce, David, Timothy and Barb