Just Another Week In Paradise
Yesterday we built home #406 named Glenn. It was a great tribute to a great man.
BURIEN COUNCIL MEMBER SARAH MOORE BUILDS AT THE HOPE FACTORY
CM Sarah Moore, on the left with the nailer, a friend of Sally Bagshaw (who isn’t a friend of Sally?) built on Sally’s team this past week. Monday evening at the Burien City Council meeting, Sarah recalled her day building with us. She said, “I thought there was no solution to homelessness until I spent a day at The Hope Factory.” Thanks Sarah. Invite your other City Council colleagues 😊.
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING ACROSS THE STREET
They are making significant progress on the exterior walls. Needless to say, we are a bit jealous of the crane…
Our friends at Stanley, makers of the very cool and very, very durable vacuum bottled drinkware, recently gave SIX BOXES of Stanley products to the Donation Portal. How generous is that? Thanks so much!
MORE PHOTOS FROM AROUND THE HOPE FACTORY
Tomorrow, Bellevue Big Picture School interns start. Yay!
This Saturday, Barb represents Sound Foundations NW at the Hill Team’s annual Fall Fiesta. (Tough job but someone’s gotta do it.) Also, this week on Tuesday, Barb represents us at Uplift NW’s Empowerment Lunch.
Next week, Tom starts his long vacation. Roofers are still needed. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com to let us know you when you can help. Happy Trails, Tom!
Saturday, September 30th, Chief Scoggins and the Firefighters, along with CM Teresa Mosqueda build with us again at The Hope Factory. We had so much fun building with you on the One Seattle Day of Service in May. It will be good to have you back!
October 3rd, US Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal will be visiting The Hope Factory.
October 14th: For those of you who are interested in green building, our friends at the Northwest Ecobuilding Guild are presenting their second annual Northwest Green Building Slam at Town Hall. Click here for more information: https://northwestgreen.org/
GROUP BUILDS: September through November dates are filled, and December only has a few more dates. If you want to build this year, contact us at SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com to schedule your group build.
THANK YOU! To All Who Helped This Week
- Our “regulars “who are the heart and soul of our organization.
- “New Crew” members: Kimi, Kay, Isaac, and Christoph.
- Our wonderful groups: AWS / Marc’s Team, King Co. Dept. of Natural Resources, and Windermere/Ballard (first time).
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Come build with us this week! Here’s the link:
- Please remember to wear painting clothes even if you do not anticipate painting. Minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- Clarification: If the SignUpGenius says (The name of a Group Build) AND Open Build, this means that you can volunteer even if you are not a part of the group.
- TEAM LEADERS IN TRAINING: If you wish to become a Team Leader in Training, DO NOT SIGN UP for the day you wish to do this. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com and we will put you on the list.
We hope to be building with you soon!
Your Leadership Team: Beatrice, Tom, Bruce, David, Timothy and Barb
It Takes a Village to FUND a Village!
YOU are a big part of why stacks and stacks of lumber fill The Hope Factory. There are several ways to give throughout the year. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All gifts qualify as tax deductible but please consult your tax professional for your own situation.
- To give by check, credit/ debit card, a Donor Advised Fund, or a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA, start on our Donate page, or:
Sponsor a Home:
Remember, if you sponsor a home (currently $4500), you get to name the home! Tiny home sponsors have their names (or “anonymous”) and the name of their home added to our Tiny Home Sponsor wall and join our growing list of supporters who’ve reached a little deeper to become part of the solution to ending homelessness. Email email@example.com for details.
A Few Reminders
- We do tours every day but Friday. Come visit if you haven’t been yet.
- We have a “Welcome to Sound Foundations NW” PowerPoint presentation that is also in .pdf form. If people ask you what we are all about, these are a simple thing to attach to an email to explain who we are, what we do, and why we do it. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com for this .pdf or PowerPoint.
- We fund our homes through a combination of private and public donations. For more information, please go to our website – Helping Finance the Homes.
Protocols, Address, Directions
- Volunteer at your own risk for Covid or any other illness. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
- Masks are optional when volunteering at The Hope Factory. There is no shame in wearing a mask.
- The minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- When you are at The Hope Factory, please social distance whenever possible.
- Covid booster shots are not required but highly encouraged.
- We are usually there by 9 am or 2 pm on most Sundays. Make sure you double check the times in the Sign Up Genius. You can come and go as your schedule permits. Just let us know so we can plan ahead.
- Please bring your own gloves.
- Please leave your own tools at home.
- Please bring your own lunch.
- No matter what you do, please come prepared to paint.
- Warehouses can be difficult to heat and cool. Please dress appropriately.
- We currently have no indoor restrooms, Honey Bucket only.
- We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. If you must cancel at the last minute, please contact us as soon as you know. Others may want to volunteer in your place.
- No experience necessary. We train willing hearts.
OUR ADDRESS is 5 S. Nevada St., Seattle 98109 in SODO.
visit our website