8.2.23 Raven Village Open House August 11
It’s official! Raven, the newest tiny home village, will have its Open House on Friday, August 11th from noon-3 pm. Raven Village is located at 1414 NW Leary Way, right next to the Ballard Food Bank. Every home in the village was built by Sound Foundations NW and (if we do say so ourselves), the village is BEAUTIFUL! Come check it out August 11th.
OUR NEW LOOK
We have recently changed the platform that we do our newsletters on to Constant Contact for several reasons. One of those reasons is that the newsletter looks so much cooler! Thanks Andrew for your help on this.
. . . AND SPEAKING OF CHANGE We have been playing with a new brand of white paint that will make touchups so much easier. Thanks to Jennifer, our Valspar rep, and Dave the Painter for your great input!
(ANOTHER) NEW RECORD
Yesterday’s gang of merry home makers built “Playhouse” our 389th home, and beat our previous record of building at tilting up four walls by 3 minutes! Although Barb set her watch ahead 15 minutes and tried to convince the crew that they did not break the record, our super smart volunteers were having none of it. Way to go crew! The home is wonderful.
TOUR VIDEO NOW ON THE WEBSITE
Do you have out-of-town friends or family that you have been talking (incessantly) about your volunteer experience at the Hope Factory? Now you can actually show them what we do. Barb has made a 10 minute video of the tour of the Hope Factory. Here is a link to the video:
It’s not as entertaining as the live version, but the information is the same. We actually made the video to show other cities who want to build tiny homes what we do, but if you can use it, go for it!
This week, Walt used his many years of experience as a carpenter to help us build two more carts. They have become so useful that we needed more. Thanks, Walt, for jumping in and building the carts for us!
Today we built home #390. Home #400 is on the horizon and will most likely be built by Labor Day. We are looking for ways to celebrate #400. Any ideas?
AROUND THE HOPE FACTORY
THANK YOU! to ALL WHO HELPED THIS WEEK
- Our “regulars “who are the heart and soul of our organization.
- “New Crew” members: Jennifer, Anna, Ian, Curran, and Matt.
- Our wonderful groups: Amazon / Rathi’s Team (first time), Jain Society of Seattle, National League of Young Men (first time), T-Mobile (first time), and Sally and Friends.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
- Come build with us this week! Here’s the link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4eacaf2aa0f4c52-week24#/
- Please remember to wear painting clothes even if you do not anticipate painting. Minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- Clarification: If the SignUpGenius says (The name of a Group Build) AND Open Build, this means that you can volunteer even if you are not a part of the group.
- TEAM LEADERS IN TRAINING: If you wish to become a Team Leader in Training, DO NOT SIGN UP for the day you wish to do this. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com and we will put you on the list.
We hope to be building with you soon! Your Leadership Team: Beatrice, Tom, Bruce, David, Timothy and Barb
Have you previously unsubscribed from our emails but received this one? Our APOLOGIES! We recently changed email providers and some people may have inadvertently been added back to our list. Simply scroll to the bottom and click our “unsubscribe” link again, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for removal, and you’ll not receive any more. Thanks for your patience.
IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO FUND A VILLAGE
YOU are a big part of why stacks and stacks of lumber fill The Hope Factory. There are several ways to give throughout this year. Here’s how you can give:
- GoFundMe Campaign
- To give by check
- To give by credit or debit card, or to set up a reoccurring monthly donation
- To give through your Donor Advised Fund via the Chariot app
Remember, if you sponsor a home (currently $4500), you get to name the home! All gifts qualify as tax deductible, but please consult your tax professional for your own situation. Questions? Email email@example.com.
A FEW REMINDERS
- We do tours every day but Friday. Come visit if you haven’t been yet.
- We also have a “Welcome to Sound Foundations NW” PowerPoint presentation that is also in .pdf form. If people ask you what we are all about, these tools are simple way to attach to an email to explain who we are, what we do, and why we do it. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com for this .pdf or PowerPoint.
- We fund our homes through a combination of private and public donations. For more information, please go to https://www.soundfoundationsnw.org/how-can-i-help/helping-finance-the-homes/
Here are protocols, address, and directions:
- Volunteer at your own risk for Covid or any other illness. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
- Masks are optional when volunteering at The Hope Factory. There is no shame in wearing a mask.
- The minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- When you are at The Hope Factory, please social distance whenever possible.
- Covid booster shots are not required but highly encouraged.
- We are usually there by 9 am or 2 pm on most Sundays. Make sure you double check the times in the Sign Up Genius. You can come and go as your schedule permits. Just let us know so we can plan ahead.
- Please bring your own gloves.
- Please leave your own tools at home.
- Please bring your own lunch.
- No matter what you do, please come prepared to paint.
- Warehouses can be difficult to heat and cool. Please dress appropriately.
- We have indoor restrooms during the week. Honey Bucket on the weekends.
- We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. If you must cancel at the last minute, please contact us as soon as you know. Others may want to volunteer in your place.
- No experience necessary. We train willing hearts.
OUR ADDRESS is 5 S. Nevada St., Seattle 98109 in SODO. Find us on GOOGLE MAPS
Sound Foundations NW – www.soundfoundationsnw.org