RAVEN VILLAGE OPENS!
The Open House at Raven Village in Ballard was a wonderful success! Thank you to everyone who showed up.
We told the matriarch of the tribe (who did the prayer at the beginning) about the love notes that we put in every home. She wept tears of joy. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
Here are more photos from the day:
FUNDRAISER FOR TINY HOMES
THIS TUESDAY. Thank you, Pastor John with Mercer Island United Methodist Church. Further information here:
Thank you, Jeremy Harris with KOMO for stating the obvious. Sunlight is a great disinfectant.
The KOMO story got picked up in the UK:
More drama in Burien:
More drama from KCRHA:
And a little good news:
GLENN LEICHMAN, Rest in Peace
This past weekend our Sound Foundations NW community lost a very dear friend, Glenn Leichman, following a recent cancer diagnosis. He passed away surrounded by his loving family.
Glenn was a (PhD) Dr. of Psychiatry as well as an instructor of martial arts at Aikido Seattle.
Glenn was also one of our Tuesday “regulars”. We will miss you, Glenn, for your friendship and all that you have given us. The next “G” home will be named in your honor.
More villages? Stay tuned…
THANK YOU! To All Who Helped This Week
- Our “regulars” who are the heart and soul of our organization.
- “New Crew” members: Jeff, Joy, Blake, Ian, Kai, Kris, and Gabe.
- Our wonderful groups: Epiphany Church, Young Men’s Service League, T-Mobile and Gensler (first time.)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Come build with us this week! Here’s the link:
- Please remember to wear painting clothes even if you do not anticipate painting. Minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- Clarification: If the SignUpGenius says (The name of a Group Build) AND Open Build, this means that you can volunteer even if you are not a part of the group.
- TEAM LEADERS IN TRAINING: If you wish to become a Team Leader in Training, DO NOT SIGN UP for the day you wish to do this. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com and we will put you on the list.
We hope to be building with you soon!
Your Leadership Team: Beatrice, Tom, Bruce, David, Timothy and Barb
Have you previously unsubscribed from our emails but received this one? Our APOLOGIES! We recently changed email providers and some people may have inadvertently been added back to our list. Simply scroll to the bottom and click our “unsubscribe” link again, and you’ll not receive any more. Thanks for your patience.
It Takes a Village to FUND a Village!
YOU are a big part of why stacks and stacks of lumber fill The Hope Factory. There are several ways to give throughout the year. Questions? Please email email@example.com. All gifts qualify as tax deductible but please consult your tax professional for your own situation.
Here’s how you can give:
- GoFundMe Campaign
- To give by check
- To give by credit or debit card, or set up a reccurring monthly donation
- To give through your Donor Advised Fund via the Chariot app
Sponsor a Home:
Remember, if you sponsor a home (currently $4500), you get to name the home! Tiny home sponsors have their names (or “anonymous”) and the name of their home added to our Tiny Home Sponsor wall and join our growing list of supporters who’ve reached a little deeper to become part of the solution to ending homelessness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
A Few Reminders
- We do tours every day but Friday. Come visit if you haven’t been yet.
- We have a “Welcome to Sound Foundations NW” PowerPoint presentation that is also in .pdf form. If people ask you what we are all about, these are a simple thing to attach to an email to explain who we are, what we do, and why we do it. Email SoundFoundationsNW@gmail.com for this .pdf or PowerPoint.
- We fund our homes through a combination of private and public donations. For more information, please go to our website – Helping Finance the Homes.
Protocols, Address, Directions
- Volunteer at your own risk for Covid or any other illness. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
- Masks are optional when volunteering at The Hope Factory. There is no shame in wearing a mask.
- The minimum age is 16 years. Please, no exceptions.
- When you are at The Hope Factory, please social distance whenever possible.
- Covid booster shots are not required but highly encouraged.
- We are usually there by 9 am or 2 pm on most Sundays. Make sure you double check the times in the Sign Up Genius. You can come and go as your schedule permits. Just let us know so we can plan ahead.
- Please bring your own gloves.
- Please leave your own tools at home.
- Please bring your own lunch.
- No matter what you do, please come prepared to paint.
- Warehouses can be difficult to heat and cool. Please dress appropriately.
- We currently have no indoor restrooms, Honey Bucket only.
- We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. If you must cancel at the last minute, please contact us as soon as you know. Others may want to volunteer in your place.
- No experience necessary. We train willing hearts.
OUR ADDRESS is 5 S. Nevada St., Seattle 98109 in SODO.
visit our website